Little bit harder to make 😀 if you have question please leave a comment.
A slightly thickened soup based on lobster that can also be made using other shellfish.
Recipe makes 5 litres/20 portions.
Table of Contents
|3||kg||lobster shells/heads, chopped|
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chopped lobster shells and heads and gently fry.
- Chop the fennel, leeks, carrots, celeriac, and onion into pieces measuring 2x2cm. Rinse in plenty of water.
- Add the vegetables and garlic and gently fry.
- Add the bay leaves, cloves, fennel seeds, saffron, and cayenne peppers.
- Add the tomato purée and continue to fry briefly.
- Deglaze with the red and white wine.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, add them to the pan, and continue to fry briefly.
- Add the water and bring the pan to the boil.
- Set aside to infuse for about one hour.
- Pass through a fine-meshed sieve.
- Add the cream and bring back to the boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cool down the soup to 4°C as quickly as possible. Heat the required amount just before serving.
- Variation tip: use a few warm spices, such as cinnamon, star anise, cloves, or mace, to give the soup a completely different flavour accent.
- Variation tip: use roasted garlic, confited garlic, or wild garlic instead of fresh garlic.