A variant on the classic glazing method. Here the carrots are prepared with stock and carrot juice to intensify the flavour.
Table of Contents
|1||tbsp||flat-leaf parsley, very finely chopped|
- First, scrape the carrots so that you can use the scraps later for other recipes.
- Turn the carrots and remove the unattractive parts of the foliage.
- Blanch the carrots in carrot juice and chicken stock and keep them al dente and crunchy.
- Strain off the remaining liquid and reduce the liquid until it has the consistency of treacle.
- Mount with the butter and add the chopped parsley.
- As part of a vegetable garnish with a fennel, celeriac, onion, celery or conical cabbage component.
- Vary by flavouring the carrots with other ingredients, such as cardamom butter and tarragon.