A savoury evolution of the banana spring rolls we developed a few years ago. Avocado and crab make a fantastic combination and by using a technique in which we freeze avocado and crab together, these spring rolls are very reasonable to prepare. Serve as a snack or as part of a dish.
This recipe is perfect for a snack or appetizer 😀 If you have questions about this recipe or others or you just want to know more about cooking in general? Don’t hesitate to ask!
Table of Contents
|150||g||crab meat (fresh, canned or frozen)|
|peanut oil for deep-frying|
- Slice the avocado and flatten between two layers of plastic foil. You can do this with a butcher’s mallet or a saucepan.
- Lightly roll with a rolling stick or pin to ensure that the avocado is now of uniform thickness.
- Transfer to a suitable plate and top with a thin layer of crab.
- Cover with plastic foil and freeze.
- Make the wasabi paste by gradually adding water to the powder until you have achieved the desired consistency.
- Spread a very thin layer of wasabi paste onto the avocado side of the frozen sheet of avocado-crab mixture.
- Cut the sheet of avocado-crab filling into small triangles (approx. 4 cm on each side).
- Cut the filo pastry into long strokes (approx 4 cm width).
- Spread with liquid egg white.
- Roll up with the avocado-crab triangles and ensure that it sticks well.
- Store in-between layers of plastic foil until ready to deep-fry.
- Deep-fry the spring rolls in peanut oil at 180°C until golden brown and hot inside.
- As a snack with tomato-chilli sauce.
- As a snack with lemon mayonnaise.
- As part of a starter or main course including fish, crustaceans or shellfish.