In Japanese, ‘yaki’ means roasted and ‘tori’ means poultry. This recipe hinges on the type of meat that you use. In this case, it is the delicious chicken thigh. The preparation on a charcoal grill gives its its truly authentic flavour.
Table of Contents
|1||kg||chicken thigh meat|
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for at least one hour.
- Put the chicken and sliced spring onions on the skewers.
- Roast the skewers on a charcoal barbecue, basting with the marinade occasionally. You can also marinate the meat ahead of time, but this may make the flavour of the chicken too strong.
- Sprinkle with lime juice.
- As a snack.
- As a component in a main dish with rice or noodles.