Table of Contents
|1||kg||leg of lamb on the bone|
|250||g||mirepoix (carrot, onion, leek, celeriac)|
|salt and pepper|
- Clean the meat on the leg to halfway along the bone and tie the meat with kitchen string.
- Sear the meat in a pan until all sides are nice and brown. Add the butter to the pan and baste the meat on all sides.
- Now add the mirepoix, garlic and herbs to the pan, continue frying briefly, and deglaze with the red wine.
- When the red wine has been reduced by half, add the lamb stock.
- Leave to simmer for 3 hours on a low heat with a lid on the pan. Make sure that the temperature remains at around 85°C.
- The meat is done when you can pick it off the bone.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Delicious with thick-cut chips or baked potatoes and a fresh salad.
- As part of a composition with e.g. green legumes, sweet pepper and fennel.
- As part of a composition with e.g. carrot, onion and celeriac.